Events at California Trail Center

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2011
      Greetings one and all,

      Just a quick reminder,

      We are gearing up for a  Let's Move Outside Ed-Venture on Saturday, August 13 th!  The BLM is hosting an event at the California Trail Center to get families outside and active.  While moving outside, participants will also have the opportunity to learn about the history of the California Trail.  You can play pioneer games and have a chance to hike the beautiful trails around the California Trail Center.  There will even be a scavenger hunt with prizes for all ages!
      Join us from 9 am to noon this Saturday at the California Trail Center!  We'll also have a picnic area set up for anyone that wants to bring a lunch for after the event.

      And don't forget the play  "Trails West" coming up on Wednesday August 17 at 7:00 pm (You have to call to reserve a spot for this original production) and the Frontier Firearms Symposium on Saturday August 20th.

      All this stuff is Free! Call the California Trail Interpretive Center for more information:  775-738-=1849

      Gary Koy
      Park Ranger
      California National Historic Trail Interpretive Center
      Bureau of Land Management - Elko District
      3900 East Idaho Street
      Elko, Nevada 89801

      http://blm.gov/cv5c
      California Trail Center - 775-738-1849