introducing STEM Friday & a review of Hive Detectives

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2011
      Hello homeschooling friends,
      If you are looking for great science books to bolster your homeschooling efforts, then you'll want to become a fan of STEM Friday. STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering and Math - and STEM Friday is a round-up of children's book reviews on those topics.

      My review today is on Hive Detectives by Loree Burns. It's a true mystery, following the scientists searching for clues to Colony Collapse Disorder - and part of my month-long celebration of pollinators. It's an excellent book to have on your own shelf, and by now I'm sure libraries have it. I also interview Loree about her research and what led her to write the book. You can read my review at http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/2011/08/true-science-mystery-hive-detectives.html
      AND - there's a link to STEM Friday so you can check out other reviews posted later today (or even tomorrow)
      ~Sue