Re: Making it official

  • jolie7779
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2011
      Congratulations on making it official Arwen! I just wanted to put in a quick note regarding the "Notice of Intent to Homeschool" - you don't have to put the form in until your child is 7 at the start of a school year, as far as I know.

      Congrats again, Jolie

      --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn" <nevadafiddler@...> wrote:

      > Here's what we wrote in 2007. I don't know if their forms are still the
      > same, but this covered it for us. I'd probably write something different
      > now because our feelings about "education" have changed, but this should
      > make any bureaucrat happy.
      >
      > To whom it may concern:
      >
      > The education plan for (insert name here) is to have her schooled by her
      > parents in all the basic subjects required to become a successful adult.
      > This schooling will include, but is not limited to, the mastery of the
      > English language, including reading, writing, grammar and composition; a
      > solid foundation in mathematics, including algebra, geometry and
      > calculus; the wonders of science; the necessary understanding of social
      > studies including economics, history, geography, and the importance of
      > good government.
      >
      > Feel free to use any or all of it, if it works for you.
      >
      > Carolyn
      >
      > --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "evenstarbella" <evenstar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My oldest would be starting kindergarten this fall, so we will be
      > officially homeschooling at that point. I want to get the "Notice of
      > Intent to Homeschool" stuff filled out and sent in soon, and I would
      > like tips anyone has to offer. I have the form, but I am a little lost
      > on what to write for the "Educational Plan." I want to keep it fairly
      > generic. Any suggestions or samples of what others wrote for theirs?
      > >
      > > Where do I send this to when I have it ready?
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help,
      > > Arwen

    • evenstarbella
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2011
        Carolyn, that's right along the lines of what I was thinking. I'll probably just rephrase it a little and call that good. Thanks.

        Jolie, thanks, you are right. I didn't see any point to waiting, though. Plus, I heard you can use a copy of your homeschool paperwork to sign up for the educator discount at JoAnn. You can also sign up for the Book-It program at Pizza Hut as a homeschool.
      • April Morgan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
          the state does not requiere  kids to be in kindergarten so you dont need to fiil it out till age 7 or first grade.
          when i did mine last year i was pretty detailed with mine, i listed the scope and seqeance for the  program i was using and a list of the books, if your not going to use a set curriculum than just list the subjects that you cover and  any electives you plan to do as well.
          good luck
           april

          Congratulations on making it official Arwen! I just wanted to put in a quick note regarding the "Notice of Intent to Homeschool" - you don't have to put the form in until your child is 7 at the start of a school year, as far as I know.

          Congrats again, Jolie

          --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn" <nevadafiddler@...> wrote:

          > Here's what we wrote in 2007. I don't know if their forms are still the
          > same, but this covered it for us. I'd probably write something different
          > now because our feelings about "education" have changed, but this should
          > make any bureaucrat happy.
          >
          > To whom it may concern:
          >
          > The education plan for (insert name here) is to have her schooled by her
          > parents in all the basic subjects required to become a successful adult.
          > This schooling will include, but is not limited to, the mastery of the
          > English language, including reading, writing, grammar and composition; a
          > solid foundation in mathematics, including algebra, geometry and
          > calculus; the wonders of science; the necessary understanding of social
          > studies including economics, history, geography, and the importance of
          > good government.
          >
          > Feel free to use any or all of it, if it works for you.
          >
          > Carolyn
          >
          > --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "evenstarbella" <evenstar@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My oldest would be starting kindergarten this fall, so we will be
          > officially homeschooling at that point. I want to get the "Notice of
          > Intent to Homeschool" stuff filled out and sent in soon, and I would
          > like tips anyone has to offer. I have the form, but I am a little lost
          > on what to write for the "Educational Plan." I want to keep it fairly
          > generic. Any suggestions or samples of what others wrote for theirs?
          > >
          > > Where do I send this to when I have it ready?
          > >
          > > Thanks for your help,
          > > Arwen

        • evenstarbella
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2011
            So do I just mail it to the district office? Does it need to be addressed to anyone in particular?