36Re: New to Group

  • jolie7779
    Oct 19, 2005
      Welcome Carla! I'm so glad that the library info is working to get
      the word out!

      The school district usually has a list of "approved" curriculums but
      as I understand it, you're not restricted to just those. I pretty
      much use the eclectic method (mix and match) and they have always
      approved it. I have a 4th grader, 2nd grader, preschooler and 7
      month old.

      Hope to see you on the "Homeschooling Circuit" soon.

      GOD Bless!
      Jolie

      --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "jones7374" <jones7374@y...> wrote:

      > Hi All
      >
      > I got the group address from the Library. I am new to
      homeschooling. I
      > did Kindergarten with my daughter last school year. When I got the
      > paperwork for the school district I had found out that I did not
      need
      > to inform them until my daughter is 7. Well I had started with her
      at 5
      > so... I am doing Kindergarten again this year same concept
      different
      > things.
      >
      > Anyway I am looking for a curriculum for 1st grade that the school
      > district will accept. There are so many different curriculums out
      > there. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > I look forward to bieng a part of this group.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Carla

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic