      From: "missusfly" <missusfly@...>
      To: ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ECHO-NV] graduation/relay
      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:27:04 -0000

      Just a heads up for those looking to get together.
      For those of you who are new to the area or to homeschooling. We have a Graduation like get
      together in the beginning of June. Those who have graduates can use it as their graduation
      cerimony. We usually have each family stand up, introduce themselves and present their
      children with a little something and maybe a little bragging, we eat and have some time to
      fellowship before, during and afterwards. Last year we held graduation at the Elko Christian
      Center and ordered in pizza. We can do the same thing or I thought about having it at
      Floyd's? If you have any suggestions let me know. I'm looking at holding this event on the
      2nd of June. If you do have graduates I have a couple of caps and gowns you could use.
      Let me know.
      Another gathering could be the American Cancer's Relay for Life. I am team coordinator for
      this event and already putting a team together. So if there is anyone out there who like to put
      a home schoolers team together that would be great. We get to camp at the Elko track and
      spend many hours together playing games and raising money for a good cause. The relay's
      kick off party is Wed. April 4th at Stockmen's showroom at 6pm-8pm. Everyone is invited.
      Free food and all the info on the event.
      One last thing I want to thank all those who participated in the mathathon for the St. Jude
      Childrens Hospital fundraiser. 7 home schoolers participated and we raised just shy of
      $800.00. Way to go!!! We are signed up to do it again same time next year.
      Sara
      738-3404

      Download Messenger. Join the i�m Initiative. Help make a difference today.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic