1438Books & activities about birds

    Feb 28 4:59 AM
      Migration is soon upon us. Already I have seen the turkey vultures return, and there are reports of robins in the valley. To celebrate, here are reviews of two books with cross-curricular activities.
      "Feathers - not just for flying" is a new, hot-off-the-press book by Melissa Stewart. The text is well-written; the illustrations scrumptious. Plus the author writes about how long it takes sometimes to "get the story right" - perfect for kids who wonder why they have to revise a rough draft.
      http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/2014/02/feathers-are-not-just-for-flying.html

      Over at Sally's Bookshelf I review an older book, but just as wonderful: "The Cuckoo's Haiku"
      http://sallysbookshelf.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-cuckoos-haiku.html

      Both blogs have links to perfect picture book Friday and STEM Friday - so there are lots of resources today.
      ~Sue