1400science resources

    Sep 27, 2013
      Today is STEM Friday - and that means science resources for parents, teachers, librarians...

      I am taking a class on Children's Literature at TC3 (community college) - and as we've been looking closely at picture books, I've been paying particular attention to nf picture books. One I discovered (from 2009) is a nice look at the life of a "wild" honey bee. My review of "In the Trees, Honey Bees" is at http://sallysbookshelf.blogspot.com/2013/09/in-trees-honey-bees.html

      IF you are looking for something fun to do this time of year, go check out the insects on goldenrod. I've posted my back yard field trip - with lots of photos - at http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-goldenrod-gang.html

      And if you are ever looking for books, I've posted a short list of book review sites on the Candor Library blog at http://candorlibrary.blogspot.com/. one of the review sites is written by an 11-year old blogger who, I understand, has just published his first book.

      ~Sue Heavenrich
      Candor, NY