122Summer Activity Sign-up Fair

  • Carolyn Steninger
    Apr 25, 2006
      The 2nd Annual Summer Activity Sign-up Fair is scheduled for April 28,
      from 8-6:30 and April 29 from 8-2 at the Great Basin College High Tech
      Center. Representatives from organizations offering children's summer
      programs will be available to answer questions and to register
      children for their programs.

      I called P.A.C.E who is putting the fair together to find out if there
      was a comprehensive schedule for the activities, but there is not. I
      made a suggestion that next year they encourage the participating
      organizations to take copies of their schedules to the library, so
      folks could have the information before hand. It might help if they
      heard this from others as well. If you want to get some information
      before the sign-up fair this weekend, here's what you might try:

      For those of you who do not get the newspaper, the Parks and
      Recreation Department has issued their summer schedule. This includes
      a list of swim lessons at the city pool. If you did not get one in the
      paper, contact Dawn Leyva at the City Parks and Rec. Dept.777-7261 I
      imagine she's got some there you could pick up.

      Great Basin College is reportedly going to have even more workshops
      than before. Call Pat Warren at GBC to find out more. GBC information
      738-8493 (Sorry, I don't know Pat's direct number)

      Carlin Trend/Rolling RocK Gallery has held summer science classes in
      the past. Call them for more info. 778-0668

      I know the Northeastern Nevada Museum is also planning some summer
      activities. I hope to have more information by tomorrow. You can call
      the museum 738-3418.

      This is not a complete list of participants, just the one's I thought
      of. I think it is great that someone thought to put this together.
      Maybe next year they'll have more information available ahead of time.