      Sad indeed. Steve was a force of nature and he knew his stuff. Far too young to die.

      Steve worked worked with us on westchester on tap pan zee bridge issues.

      Dave wilson

      On March 30, 2014 6:09:40 PM EDT, ssbaker305@... wrote:

      That is a shame, and so unexpected.  Steve came regularly to the East Coast Greenway Alliance meetings too, and was a tireless advocate for Greenways, especially on the verrazzano bridge, even coming up with engineering schematics for how it could work.  He was absolutely determined, and over many years, about this.  Perhaps the best thing we could do as advocates like him is to see to it that his vision is realized.

      On Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:04:33 PM UTC-4, Steve Vaccaro wrote:
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "Linda Faust" <sfaus...@...>
      Date: Mar 29, 2014 2:55 PM
      Subject: Re: Steve Faust- Sad news
      To: "Steve Vaccaro" <vacca...@...>, "sfaus...@..." <sfaus...@...>, "Jennifer Benepe" <jbe...@...>

      Steve Vaccaro and Adam White, et al,

      I'm very grieved to report that it's true.  Steve Faust has passed away today.

      He was well and very functional through Thurs March 27.  He had chronic Leukemia (CLL) for the past year, but carried on most of his advocacy activities, and house repairs, as usual.

      He was sick Fri morning, went by ambulance to Methodist Hospital Fri afternoon, had emergency intestinal surgery Fri late night, and died peacefully with his family Sat mid-day.

      His hematologist, who had seen him the previous Mon, came to Methodist, expedited his treatment; and came back Sat morning to see him and express her shock and condolences.

      Steve had a brief period of consciousness on Sat morning, when he could hear stories from his children, and nod his head yes or no.

      Please send this out to others with whom Steve had worked for Biking Justice and Advocacy.

      Please don't call the family or me.  I will take emails at Steve's email address, which we shared.

      We are in the process of making funeral arrangements. I will notify the bike community of the arrangements.

      Love to all,
      Linda, & Nathan and Tamarah Faust, and Juliette and Terry Kennedy

      On 3/29/2014 2:29 PM, Steve Vaccaro wrote:

      No way! I was just with him working on a case a couple of weeks ago. This is an absolute shock.

      On Mar 29, 2014 2:26 PM, "Ed Pino" <edpi...@...> wrote:
      sad news:

      steve faust, 67, passed away  11:50a today at methodist hospital/brooklyn
      after brief illness.

      Long time 5bbc leader and advocate for cycling in New York City

      Ed
      Sent from Ed's I Phone