Supporting Special Olympics

  • vigor2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2012

      Good morning Sir Knights.  Sir Knight Steve Porter is asking for your support with the upcoming Polar Plunge for Special Olympics.  For those of you who have been privileged to know and work with these exceptional individuals, this support from you will be both rewarding and timely.  Please take a moment and sign up to support Team Council 6175 - directions below.  Should you have any difficulties with the links, go to www.vakofc.org and follow their link to the Polar Plunge Program.

      Charity is our 1st and primary principle of the Order.  Gentlemen, this is why we became Knights!

      Thank you - Be His Light!

      Jay McCarthy, FN #1781

      KofC 6175 - Grand Knight Steve Porter

      Story Media

      Thank you for visiting the Good Samaritan Council's Grand Knight fund raising page for Special Olympic Virginia’s 2013 Polar Plunge® Winter Festival. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. And you don’t even have to get your feet wet or cold, but I will! I am hoping to be part of the team of Knights that will be assisting Special Olympic athletes as they plunge -- so it is likely I am going to get wet in the cold Atlantic a few times!
      For every active Special Olympics athlete, there are 6 more who could benefit from the regular physical activity, social interaction and life skills training offered by the program. Your support will help Special Olympics create more opportunities for athletes to experience the benefits of participating in Special Olympics — all at no cost to themselves or their families.
      I thank you for your generosity. Please don’t forget to forward this to your friends and family. I appreciate any gift you can provide as together, we help Special Olympics Virginia build a bigger, better community.
      If you are interested in plunging with me, please visit www.polarplunge.com.
    • vigor2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2012
         Good morning again gentlemen.  Here is a better link to lend your support.  Now back to some more, much needed coffee!  Have a great day..................

        Good morning Sir Knights.  Sir Knight Steve Porter is asking for your support with the upcoming Polar Plunge for Special Olympics.  For those of you who have been privileged to know and work with these exceptional individuals, this support from you will be both rewarding and timely.  Please take a moment and sign up to support Team Council 6175 - directions below.  Should you have any difficulties with the links, go to www.vakofc.org and follow their link to the Polar Plunge Program.

        Charity is our 1st and primary principle of the Order.  Gentlemen, this is why we became Knights!

        Thank you - Be His Light!

        Jay McCarthy, FN #1781

        KofC 6175 - Grand Knight Steve Porter

        Story Media

        Thank you for visiting the Good Samaritan Council's Grand Knight page for Special Olympic Virginia’s 2013 Polar Plunge® Winter Festival. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. And you don’t even have to get your feet wet or cold, but I will! I am hoping to be part of the team of Knights that will be assisting Special Olympic athletes as they plunge -- so it is likely I am going to get wet in the cold Atlantic a few times!