Letter from the Supreme Knight

  • Robert Henry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Dear Brother Sir Knights:

      Please see below a request to join together in prayerful thanksgiving for Pope Benedict's 35-year anniversary of episcopal ordination.

      I have left the original e-mail chain intact so you can see the importance given to this initiative at all levels of the Knights of Columbus hierarchy.  The attached pdf letter from the Supreme Knight is the best summary of this request for prayerful Unity.

      Please join me in praying one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be for the Pope at Mass this Sunday.

      Vivat Jesus!

      Fraternally,
      Rob

      Robert Henry

      Faithful Navigator
      Faithful Admiral-Elect
      Elizabeth Bayley Seton Assembly #1781
      "For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control." - 2 Tim 1:7

      Treasurer
      Good Samaritan Council #6175

      Brothers All,

      Please see the attached memo for our Supreme Knight and the message below from the Supreme Master requesting that all Knights take  action on his personal request for our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI.   Please forward to your membership lists.  Thank you.

      Cy

      District Master

      Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:23 PM
      Subject: In Prayerful Solidarity with our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI

      Worthy Vice Supreme Masters,

      Please share the attached letter from Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson with all District Masters and Faithful Navigators.

      We must have 100%distribution of this most important initiative to show our prayerful solidarity of the Knights of Columbus with Pope Benedict XVI.

      Fraternally,
      Dennis J. Stoddard
      Supreme Master

      FROM SUPREME KNIGHT CARL A. ANDERSON:

      Dear Brother Knight:

      On May 28, 1977, Father Joseph Ratzinger — now Pope Benedict XVI — was as consecrated a bishop. Today, to commemorate the thirty-fifth anniversary of the Pope’s episcopal ordination, I ask the 1.8 million members of the Knights of Columbus to remember our Pope in prayer next Sunday.

      Before or after Mass on this coming Sunday, June 3, I urge every brother Knight, and his family, to offer an Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be for the Pope’s intentions and in honor of his 35 years as a bishop.

      At this important moment in the history of the Church and in the life of Pope Benedict XVI, it is important that we commit ourselves in prayer and solidarity to our Holy Father in a special way.

      Please join me and brother Knights throughout our Order in this show of solidarity for our Pope.

      Fraternally,

      Carl A. Anderson Supreme Knight

      TO: STATE DEPUTIES

      FROM: SUPREME KNIGHT CARL A. ANDERSON

      Yesterday in Rome, I announced an Orderwide initiative to show the prayerful solidarity of the Knights of Columbus with Pope Benedict XVI, in a special way as we celebrate the thirty-fifth anniversary of his ordination as a bishop.

      Before or after Mass on this coming Sunday, June 3, I urge every brother Knight, and his family, to offer an Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be for the Pope’s intentions and in honor of his 35 years as a bishop.

      Attached is a letter in .PDF format announcing this initiative, which can be forwarded to your state e-mail lists.  Thank you in advance for your help in promoting this prayer campaign among Knights in your jurisdiction.

      cc. Board of Directors

      (See attached file: In Solidarity with Our Pope.pdf)
      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee or addressees named above for its intended purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, this message constitutes notice that any review, retransmission, distribution, copying or other use or taking any action in reliance on the information in this message and its attachments, is prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments from your system without keeping a copy. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message may be construed as a digital or electronic signature. Thank you.