Vacancy in the Position of Faithful Pilot

  • Robert Henry
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      Dear Brother Sir Knights:

      This e-mail is to inform the membership of the resignation of our Faithful Pilot, Herb DuVall. I thank Herb for his service, and I look forward to seeing him at Assembly meetings and events as his busy schedule allows.

      Our Assembly by-laws state (Article II, Section 5), "Vacancies in elective offices shall be filled, after notice to the members, by election at the regular business meeting next succeeding the regular meeting at which the vacancy was created."

      The Navigator rules that the vacancy in the Pilot position will be created at the December Assembly meeting when the Pilot's letter of resignation is read into the record. Accordingly, this e-mail serves as "notice to the members" that the position of Faithful Pilot will be filled by election at our January meeting. The newly-elected Pilot will take office immediately (or at the next meeting he attends) and will serve until the end of the current Fraternal Year (6/30/12).

      Nominations for the position of Pilot will be accepted from the floor at the December and January meetings, as well as at any time prior to the January meeting in person to the Navigator, by phone to the Navigator, or by e-mail to the Navigator. A member may nominate himself or another member; no seconds are needed.

      As a reminder, "The Faithful Pilot shall have charge of all properties of the Assembly except moneys, accounts and record books of the officers but including ceremonials, shall be responsible for arrangement of the Assembly chamber and shall direct and be responsible for the activities of the Sentinels" (Assembly by-laws, Art. 3, Sec. 5). This position is analogous to the position of Council Warden.

      Please consider serving your Assembly in this position or nominating another worthy candidate.

      Vivat Jesus!

      Fraternally,
      Rob

      Robert Henry

      Faithful Navigator
      Elizabeth Bayley Seton Assembly #1781
      "For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control." - 2 Tim 1:7

      Treasurer
      Good Samaritan Council #6175