In Search of a Faithful Purser

  • Zygote
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      My Brother Sir Knights,

      As you all know, we recently lost our Faithful Purser, Jim Morrissey.  At the last Assembly meeting we opened nominations for the Faithful Purser position for the remainder of this Fraternal Year.  For those new to the 4th Degree, the Purser is the same as the Treasurer in the 3rd Degree.  He is responsible for the handling of Assembly funds passed to him by the Faithful Comptroller.  The Purser deposits funds and writes checks after receipt of a warrant signed by both the Comptroller and Faithful Navigator.  He is the holder and maintainer of the Assembly's check book.

      At the last meeting one name was placed in nomination from the floor, that of Sir Knight John Germain, PFN.  At the next meeting we will hold an election for the position and again accept nominations from the floor.  Any 4th Degree member of the Assembly is eligible to have his name placed in nomination or to nominate himself.  If you are interested in this position, please make sure you attend the next Assembly meeting on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8PM.  If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a note or give me a  call.

      Fraternally,

      Steve

      Steve Rogers, PGK
      Faithful Navigator