Re: Furniture donations for Lewis family

  • vigor2@...
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2013
      Good evening Tracy.  Thank you for the kind words.  The Knights of Columbus are here to assist our neighbors.  I have copied our 4th Degree membership and will ask our GK to copy Good Samaritan Council to let as many know of the opportunity to assist Keith and Eva and their 3 daughters (10, 8 and 5 if I recall) - the girls are sizes 5 and 10-14.

      Above all, please let the Lewis family know that they are in our prayers and that we all will do what we can to bring their life back to some form of normalcy.

      As I mentioned to you earlier, do not hesitate to contact either Dennis Riley (Field Agent & a wonderful humanitarian), Stevan Porter (Grand Knight) or myself (Faithful Navigator) if you or the Lewis's have upcoming concerns or needs.  I will have another check in the amount of $200 by June 19th.  Let me know if Keith and Eva need the money beforehand.

      Tracy, Thank you and your family for being "Christ in Action"..............

      Sincerely,

      Jay McCarthy, FN and the Sir Knights of Elizabeth Bayley Seton Assembly
      703 477-5934

      Sir Knights - you may recall that there was a terrible fire in our community about 2 weeks ago.  The Lewis family was left homeless with literally the clothes on their backs.  A member of St. Joseph Parish heard from the pulpit tat following day that the Knights of Columbus 1st Principle is charity.  We were contacted and we are now doing what we can to help this family in need.  If you can assist in some way, do not hesitate to contact me.  Thank you my Brother Knights!

      Jay