Renewal of Obligations

  • vigor2@...
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
      Good morning Sir Knights.  I wish to sincerely thank the 30 Sir Knights who attended the Renewal last night at the Assembly meeting.  The Ceremonial was wonderful, hosted by our District Master assisted by our District Marshall.  The Fraternity that followed the meeting was terrific - I wish to thank SK/Faithful Captain George Costigan for handling the refreshments and desserts.

      3 new Knights were voted in and will take the 4th Degree on May 18th; another SK transferred to our Assembly last night as well.

      Our next Assembly meeting will be held on March 20th; 7:30 rosary, meeting at 8 followed by Fraternity and refreshments at the FN home.

      As requested at the meeting, for those of you attending the Men's Conference on Saturday, March 2nd at St. Joseph, I will be involved with the K of C recruitment effort for the State.  I welcome all Sir Knights to assist me with this important aspect of our Order - Recruitment.  Please seek me out that morning - I should be on-site by 7:30 am - and let me know of your availability to assist.  Thank you.

      Gentlemen, I did hear from about 7 Sir Knights this past week that they would not be able to attend last night's Renewal - I appreciated their "proactiveness" given the logistics involved with putting this event together.  As for the majority of the other Sir Knights in our Assembly who did not respond - I ask, "Why not?"; "Why were you not there?"

      I read an excerpt last night from a letter sent this month from our State Chaplain, Most Reverend Paul S. Loverde, Bishop of Arlington, to all of the Priests in the Arlington Diocese; specifically,

      " To be Knights, they must be practicing Catholics.  Their primary focus is charity.  Most of that work is invisible and intended to be that way.  They also live by the principles of unity, fraternity and patriotism.  They are unwaveringly committed to Our Church, Our Faith, the Holy Father, Our Bishops and Priests......"

      The Bishop's directive to all of Our Priests, " Reach out to the Knights of Columbus which supports your Parish and conduct a dialogue on how best they can assist you in your pastoral mission.  You will find them very responsive."

      Sir Knights - we need all of you to be responsive in some way or another during this Year of Faith.  Do not sit idling waiting for the call - be proactive!

      Vivat Jesus!

      Jay McCarthy, FN #1781
      703 477-5934

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18

        Worthy Sire Knights,

        I just wanted to pass along this message from Worthy District Associate Phil Kennedy who assisted along with Worthy District marshal Rosario Chechile in administering our Ceremony for renewal of Obligations at our meeting on Wednesday.

        We appreciate all their hard work and dedication to the 4th Degree of the Knight of Columbus.

        Worthy Faithful Navigator,

        I want to personally thank you and the assembly for your warm welcome to me and the District Marshal on Wednesday. The assembly participation in the RoO was outstanding and spot on... afterwards, the fellowship was awesome. Again, thanks for having us and please pass on my regards to the members.

        I know Al is your assigned ADM, however, if he's unavailable for what ever reason, don't hesitate to contact me.

        Fraternally,

        Phil Kennedy

        Vivat Jesus!

        John A. Walsh