1206REQUEST FOR 4TH DEGREE PARTICIPATION: Ordination announcement/invitation - 8 December 13

  • George Costigan
    Nov 26, 2013

      From our Worthy Master:

      Worthy Sirs:

      We are called once again to participate in a unique event at the National Shrine.  This is the ordination of an Episcopal priest as a Catholic priest who will be immediately assigned to the Archdiocese of Military Services as a Chaplain.  He will be ordained by Archbishop Broglio of the Archdiocese of Military Services (see attached).  The Calvert Province has been asked to provide an Honor Guard for the Ordination.  The Virginia District is being asked to provide the bulk of the Honor Guard, as the Archdiocese of Washington District has another major event at the same time (a 100th anniversary of a parish).  The Maryland District is also being pressed to provide major support.

      The Ordination will take place on Sunday December 8 in the Crypt Church at the 10:00 Mass.  Please mark your calendars and begin recruiting volunteers.  The goal is to have 50 Sir Knights in Regalia for the event.  Given the predisposition of the Archdiocese of Washington District at another event, Virginia is being asked to provide at least 30 – 35 Sir Knights in Regalia.  We can do it!

      What better way to Honor our Lady on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception than to participate in a Most Patriotic Event as the Ordination of a Military Chaplain!

      Please get the word out immediately and let me know of your Assembly’s volunteers!  More Details to follow as they are known.

      Thanks!

      Fraternally,

      Cy

      District Master

      I know that many of us will be working to cover the multiple Confirmations on the 7th, but if you are available,  please let John Bradley, our Color Corps Commander, or me know ASAP.

      (The attached invitation from the Master is a HUGE file; if someone wants it, I will send it under separate cover to them)

      Vivat Jesus,

      George J. Costigan, Jr., PGK, FN

      Seton Assembly #1781

      www.setonassembly.org/