1147Fwd: [Navigators] September 8 Basilica Event

  • vigor2@...
    Aug 7, 2013
      Good evening Sir Knights of Elizabeth Bayley Seton Assembly.  Your services have been requested.  Please see details below.  Sign up link is noted below.  If you do not own Regalia (keep in mind swords will not be used) our Color Corp Commander has loaner Regalia for your use.  Don't look for a reason not to take part.  The 4th Degree, of which you are part of, makes up 7 1/2% of the total Knights of Columbus.  All of you are members of the Color Corp whether you have attended formal training or not.  It is a privilege and an honor to be asked to participate.

      We still need "a few good men", in this case, Sir Knights, to come and participate.  It will certainly be a day to remember!

      Any questions, contact me.  I look forward to seeing you on the 8th!

      Vivat Jesus

      Jay McCarthy, Faithful Admiral
      FDD, PGK, PFN
      703 477-5934

      All Knights of Columbus members and their families are invited to take part
      in this historic day.  In addition, All members of the Color Corps of the
      Fourth Degree of the Knights of Columbus are invited to take part in Full
      Fourth Degree Regalia.  Over 1000 Color Corps members are expected.  All
      Color Corps members who plan on participating are asked to sign up at the
      Supreme Website.  Swords are never used in Mary's House, so leave them at
      home.

      The link is at:
      http://www.kofc.org/un/en/news/releases/detail/pilgimage-basilica.html
      Click on the box at the top and bottom of the page and fill in the form.  If
      a member does not have access to the website, he can notify his Faithful
      Navigator and District Master.  It will be an honor and a privilege to serve
      with you at this special event.

      Please pass this information on to your Assemblies and Color Corps members.
      For those of you who have been in the Color Corps at the Shrine please share
      with others the experiences of those events.  We must get the word out and
      let all Color Corps members know of this special opportunity.  Encourage all
      Faithful Navigators and Color Corps Commanders to get on the phone and
      encourage participation.

      The Color Corps has gathered at the Basilica before and in numbers in excess
      of 1000 members.  We said we would do it again.  Now is the time.  Submit
      your form.

      Make it so!
      Joseph Murtha, FM
      Provincial Secretary
      Sunday, September 8, 2013
      Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
      400 Michigan Avenue N.E., Washington, D.C., 20017
      Pilgrimage highlights include:
      • Solemn Mass at 12 noon with Supreme Chaplain Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore
      • Remarks by Supreme Knight Carl Anderson