Re: [EASSH] Digest Number 5

  • rmcmahon@uno.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11 5:03 PM
      <pre>
      Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
      @Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
      your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
      <a
      href="http://click.egroups.com/1/4935/9/_/581675/_/960465446/">http://click.egroups.com/1/4935/9/_/581675/_/960465446/</a>

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. [Re: [Re: Assessment Center]]
      From: Jhallokc@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 02:35:06 -0000
      From: Jhallokc@...
      Subject: [Re: [Re: Assessment Center]]

      I am thinking about focusing on Brown v. Board of Education, tying it
      directly to Plessy v. Ferguson. The only real contrasting artifacts
      I find related to that are the statement from Kilpatrick and the
      editorial cartoon of the man climbing the thorn/rose bush.

      On first reading, I thought there were several varied views shown
      there. And while there are certainly shades of views, it's hard when
      I try to focus on material for just one lesson.

      I must say, I'm amazed that more people haven't tied into this site
      in the past year. I found it, basically by accident, a couple of
      days ago while looking at the EA/LA site for a friend.

      Janet in Oklahoma City

      </pre>

      I have officially finished! And now just wait impatiently for my scores.

      I took the assessment last Thursday and went through a range of emotions beginning with,
      "AW, SHOOT." (My language
      was not that clean at the time and is officially recorded on videotape--if NBPTS can read
      lips.) I had reams of papers ready
      for the first exercise--objectives, lessons, chose my primary sources, etc.--what I didn't
      realize is that they will choose your
      topic for you AND the primary sources you will use to teach it. Thought you might want to
      know that before you do as
      much planning as I did.

      Rhonda