EA Certification

  • Ann Min
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 1999
      I'm a middle school teacher working on the EA Science section and am
      looking for others working on this certification. If you're interested
      in e-mailing contact me at amin@...

      Posted 6/11/99
    • Nankwh@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 1999
        Are you beginning now, or finishing?
        I just took the assessment center and feel good about the process.
        I currently teach 8th grade physical science in St Lucie County, FL
        I'd be happy to correspond. The EASCI group was not a real chatty one, very
        few emails and there were only a couple teachers with whom I regularly traded
        information. I wonder why were are such a quiet, self absorbed(?) group.
        Nancy Hosie
      • Ann Min
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 1999
          Nancy,

          I took my test on Saturday. I feel great that it is all over. Either I
          did really well or really poor because I didn't feel the test was as
          hard as I thought it was going to be.

          Let's compare notes about the questions we each had to see how similar
          they were. There was another teacher at my center taking the science
          test. We compared notes at the end and found that our questions were
          similar but the science topics were different ie: I got life science
          scenarios and she had earth science ones.

          Ann Min
        • Yvette Laughlin
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 1999
            Hi. I am just finishing. I have been to the AC yet. Do you have any pointers
            or study tips? I didn't know this group existed until recently.
            Thanks,
            Yvette
            >I just took the assessment center and feel good about the process.
            >I currently teach 8th grade physical science in St Lucie County, FL
            >I'd be happy to correspond. The EASCI group was not a real chatty one,
            very
            >few emails and there were only a couple teachers with whom I regularly
            traded
            >information. I wonder why were are such a quiet, self absorbed(?) group.
            >Nancy Hosie

            >ONElist: where real people with real interests get connected.
            >http://www.onelist.com
            >Join a new list today!

          • Yvette Laughlin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 1999
              Hi Ann,
              Any new study tips for the AC? I take mine July 15. Thank you.
              Yvette
              >I took my test on Saturday. I feel great that it is all over. Either I
              >did really well or really poor because I didn't feel the test was as
              >hard as I thought it was going to be.
              >
              >Let's compare notes about the questions we each had to see how similar
              >they were. There was another teacher at my center taking the science
              >test. We compared notes at the end and found that our questions were
              >similar but the science topics were different ie: I got life science
              >scenarios and she had earth science ones.
              >
              >Ann Min

              >Campaign 2000 is here!
              >http://www.onelist.com
              >Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist. See our homepage.

            • Ann Min
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 22, 1999
                Yvette,

                I found the time limit not to be a problem. I finished with enough time
                to go back over my answer to make corrections. I didn't feel I needed
                anything other that my standards book. Take your breaks, you feel
                refreshed before starting the next section. I typed all my answers, the
                computers were easy to use. I'm a Mac person and didn't have any
                trouble using the PC's.

                Look over teacher's editions that give thematic unit tie-ins. That will
                help with section 3. Section 4 on misconceptions - I studied things
                like discrepent events and that is not what the section is about. It's
                about teaching a concept, checking to see what the kids have learned, to
                find out they didn't get the point and how are you going to go back an
                reteach to get the point across.

                Ann Min
              • Mary Jo Kohunsky
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 24, 1999
                  Congratulations on finishing the AC!
                  I read your e-mail about studying for section 4 on misconceptions. How did you know to study for that? Did you know the topics of the ac questions ahead of time?
                  My box has still not arrived. I am starting work on Documented accomplishments on Monday, so wish me luck.
                  Thanks,
                  Mary Jo
                  please reply to mkohunsky@...,
                  NOT THE ADDRESS FROM WHICH I SENT THIS.

                  <<< Ann Min <amin@...> 6/22 8:15p >>>
                  From: Ann Min <amin@...>

                  Yvette,

                  I found the time limit not to be a problem. I finished with enough time
                  to go back over my answer to make corrections. I didn't feel I needed
                  anything other that my standards book. Take your breaks, you feel
                  refreshed before starting the next section. I typed all my answers, the
                  computers were easy to use. I'm a Mac person and didn't have any
                  trouble using the PC's.

                  Look over teacher's editions that give thematic unit tie-ins. That will
                  help with section 3. Section 4 on misconceptions - I studied things
                  like discrepent events and that is not what the section is about. It's
                  about teaching a concept, checking to see what the kids have learned, to
                  find out they didn't get the point and how are you going to go back an
                  reteach to get the point across.

                  Ann Min

                  Books, music, videos, gifts, e-cards, auctions-find them at AMAZON.COM.
                  Browse Earth's Biggest Selection! Enjoy everyday savings of up to 50%!