RE: [EASCI] Entry 3 help

  • Tina Oshima
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2005

      With Ecology there is an activity where you investigate the greenhouse effect.  It works well with small groups and data collection and relating it self and world.  I was going to use this for my entry but the tape had a glitch in it so I could not use it.  I had students set up beakers, one open – one covered with saran wrap. They put a light over it for given amount of time and recorded the change in temperature (of course they made predictions ahead of time).  I have CBL’s and they used the graphing calculators.  We then talked about its implications to the world – global warming, etc. and also a recent incident of a child being left in the car on a sunny day.  If  you don’t have CBL’s they could use thermometers.  Just a thought.

    • nelda phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2005
        hey its me I know you are sick of me by now.  But I'm going to suggest as well.  What about microbiology.  Or their is a unit National Institite of Health on chemicals and the environment and you.  I have one and would let you borrow it it contains some good activities.  I also have the pathways for middle school book that  might give you some good ideas.
        LOVE YA
        Promise it will be okay

        nctexas2002 <jannweaver@...> wrote:

        I'm am struggling with an idea for the inquiry through investigation
        video.  I am about to start ecology or geology.  I already did the
        video, but the idea didn't work out.  Any suggestions would be
        greatly appreciated!

        Joe Le Weaver

        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!