Re: HELP on entry 1

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
      You also need to check with your state department to see if there are
      candidate meetings offered for those working on their certification.
      Most states have helpful group sessions on how to address answers to
      the types of quetions that you asked below. They also provide
      networking so that there is continual contact. Nothing wrong with
      asking your questions here at all but you might be able to see actual
      examples of portfolios and listen in on the experiences of other past
      candidates that have certified.

      The ScienceTeacher NBCT 2004

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
        You also need to check with your state department to see if there are
        candidate meetings offered for those working on their certification.
        Most states have helpful group sessions on how to address answers to
        the types of quetions that you asked below. They also provide
        networking so that there is continual contact. Nothing wrong with
        asking your questions here at all but you might be able to see actual
        examples of portfolios and listen in on the experiences of other past
        candidates that have certified.

        The ScienceTeacher NBCT 2004

        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Corder" <cordergw@y...> wrote:

        > I just joined this group yesterday.
        >
        > I and about 6 other teachers in my are planning to do NBC next
        school
        > year. we are examining our content to select good lessons and
        > units. We are struggling with portfolio entry 1. Basically, I
        have
        > a few questions:
        >
        > 1. what is considered a "unit"? Would "waves and sound" be a
        unit?
        > would "scienctific investigation" (which we do at the beginning of
        > the year) be a unit? What unit did you use?
        >
        > 2. what is considered "technology" for the lesson that should
        > include technology? Would Excel count? Would applets/physlets
        > count? What did you use?
        >
        > 3. What are considered "assessments"? Written tests? Reflection
        > questions? What did you use?
        >
        > 4. How do you document informal assessments such as indivudual
        > discussions or performance based assessments that don't lead to a
        > physical product?
        >

        > any help would be greatly appriciated!
        >
        > greg
      • Greg Corder
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2005
          thanks.....I investigate that

          --- thescienceteacher <eden908@...> wrote:

          > You also need to check with your state department to
          > see if there are
          > candidate meetings offered for those working on
          > their certification.
          > Most states have helpful group sessions on how to
          > address answers to
          > the types of quetions that you asked below. They
          > also provide
          > networking so that there is continual contact.
          > Nothing wrong with
          > asking your questions here at all but you might be
          > able to see actual
          > examples of portfolios and listen in on the
          > experiences of other past
          > candidates that have certified.
          >
          > The ScienceTeacher NBCT 2004
          >
          > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Corder"
          > <cordergw@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just joined this group yesterday.
          > >
          > > I and about 6 other teachers in my are planning to
          > do NBC next
          > school
          > > year. we are examining our content to select good
          > lessons and
          > > units. We are struggling with portfolio entry 1.
          > Basically, I
          > have
          > > a few questions:
          > >
          > > 1. what is considered a "unit"? Would "waves and
          > sound" be a
          > unit?
          > > would "scienctific investigation" (which we do at
          > the beginning of
          > > the year) be a unit? What unit did you use?
          > >
          > > 2. what is considered "technology" for the lesson
          > that should
          > > include technology? Would Excel count? Would
          > applets/physlets
          > > count? What did you use?
          > >
          > > 3. What are considered "assessments"? Written
          > tests? Reflection
          > > questions? What did you use?
          > >
          > > 4. How do you document informal assessments such
          > as indivudual
          > > discussions or performance based assessments that
          > don't lead to a
          > > physical product?
          > >

          > > any help would be greatly appriciated!
          > >
          > > greg