Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 447

  • Nancy Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2005
      Stephanie,
      I have to agree with everything Peggy said. I also
      created the transcript for myself to use. This
      provided me with many opportunities to cite evidence
      of what I was doing and what students were/were not
      doing and what misconceptions were occurring, etc. and
      the times at which they happened. By knowing the exact
      time on tape, I could insert a reference (10:22, for
      example) in my answer. I also scored well. Answer
      every question in order to make it easy for the
      assessors.
      Good luck.
      Nancy

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/KZzaMD/.WnJAA/HwKMAA/C1XolB/TM

      > There are 4 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Entry 2 & 3 Question
      > From: "mrsstipko" <stipko@...>
      > 2. Re: Entry 2 & 3 Question
      > From: "Peter Petrossian"
      > <ppeter@...>
      > 3. Re: Entry 2 & 3 Question
      > From: "Peggy Brody"
      > <PegBrody@...>
      > 4. Re: Entry#3
      > From: "Peter Petrossian"
      > <ppeter@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:24:57 -0000
      > From: "mrsstipko" <stipko@...>
      > Subject: Entry 2 & 3 Question
      >

      > I need to ask this question of a few of you. I have
      > had two mentors
      > give me conflicting advice on the video analysis
      > portion of these 2
      > entries. (Madge & Don, I hope you don't mind my
      > asking here).
      >
      > I typed up my orignal entries by answering the
      > questions in the
      > portfolio directions and then elaborating on those
      > answers.
      >
      > One mentor told me that I actually needed to give a
      > blow by blow
      > transcript of everything that was actually said in
      > the video and by
      > who. However, when re-checking, I cannot find those
      > directions
      > anywhere in the instructions...but what do I know?
      > Perhaps it's just
      > implied. So I began typing up a transcript for both
      > entries. Only
      > problem is it is quickly adding up to a page count
      > that is way too
      > high.
      >
      > Another mentor just told me I didn't need to do a
      > transcript at all.
      > *sigh* Now I am really confused and I don't want to
      > do the wrong
      > thing.
      >
      > Help?
      > Stephanie in FL

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:42:12 -0500
      > From: "Peter Petrossian" <ppeter@...>
      > Subject: Re: Entry 2 & 3 Question
      >
      > My impression is that you do not need to do a
      > transcript at all. Just answer the questions
      > referring back to the video and quote from there.

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com