Re: [EASCI] CD ROM EA SCIENCE

  • Cinnamon Frame
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
      I looked for instructions and I cannot find them either. In addition, there is no cover sheet in "cover sheets and forms" Maybe we should call them and ask.It is not on the "Candidate Final Inventory Sheet" either. It is probably a misprint left from a previous year. Let us know what else you find out....don't panic. We are having a support meeting Thursday, I'll ask them what they think.

      Cinnamon in NC
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
        This is year #2 for me --- redoing #1 and #2. I didn't receive any new cd. I have been using last year's stuff. Is anyone else out there redoing???? Should I have gotten a new cd? YIKES!!!

        Cinnamon: I am thinking of moving to NC. I know you get a 12% increase based on your salary for NBPTS what do you get for mentoring? I heard it is only $100/month, max 10 months a year??? Is that correct?
        In FL we get 10% of the state salary average (currently about $4500)in January and again in May, if you mentor. My county also gives an additional $1500 split among 24 checks.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005
          Yeah, it is really just a pat on the back for mentoring. ($100/month x 10 months) I am mentoring a third year teacher this year and we do not get paid for that. But...the different pay scale for NBPTS is sweet (12%). My family and I were thinking about moving to Texas, and though the base pay was higher in the area we were looking at, they didn't do anything for National Boards. Testing and accountability for students are very high stakes in NC, but you do get a bonus if your school does well on the state tests ($750-1500).

          I would think if you are REDOING stuff, then the instructions you follow are last year's.

        • stipko@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2005

            The CD ROM is much more user friendly. It quickly moves you from page
            to page without dealing with a big binder or worse the internet. I
            believe the CD-ROM simplifies instructions more so compared to the
            website. When you get a chance to look at the pack and ship for Entry
            1 located on the CD-ROM please let me know. I'm curious if the
            Culminating Assessment thing is a mistake. Hey - are you a first time
            candidate or a retake? I'm first time, and I feel like I'm running
            out of time!

            Marcy

            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, <stipko@b...> wrote:
            > I haven't even opened the CD-ROM, just using the portfolio
            directions that I downloaded fromt he website last summer.