CD ROM EA SCIENCE

  • mselig_eascience
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8 7:31 AM
      Has anyone looked at the pack and ship for entry 1 on their CD-ROM?
      At the bottom of the page it states to include a culminating
      assessment cover sheet and culminating assessment (max. 2 pgs.) No
      where in our portfolio instructions for Entry 1 does it mention a
      culminating assesment cover sheet or culminating assessment. Take a
      look and see what you think! ??????

      Marcy
    • stipko@bellsouth.net

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8 12:02 PM
          The CD ROM is much more user friendly. It quickly moves you from page
          to page without dealing with a big binder or worse the internet. I
          believe the CD-ROM simplifies instructions more so compared to the
          website. When you get a chance to look at the pack and ship for Entry
          1 located on the CD-ROM please let me know. I'm curious if the
          Culminating Assessment thing is a mistake. Hey - are you a first time
          candidate or a retake? I'm first time, and I feel like I'm running
          out of time!

          Marcy

          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, <stipko@b...> wrote:
          > I haven't even opened the CD-ROM, just using the portfolio
          directions that I downloaded fromt he website last summer.

          > Which should we be using?
          >
          > Stephanie
          > >
          > > From: "mselig_eascience" <mselig_eascience@y...>
          > > Date: 2005/02/08 Tue AM 10:31:54 EST
          > > To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
          > > Subject: [EASCI] CD ROM EA SCIENCE

        • Cinnamon Frame
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8 1:08 PM
            I looked for instructions and I cannot find them either. In addition, there is no cover sheet in "cover sheets and forms" Maybe we should call them and ask.It is not on the "Candidate Final Inventory Sheet" either. It is probably a misprint left from a previous year. Let us know what else you find out....don't panic. We are having a support meeting Thursday, I'll ask them what they think.

            Cinnamon in NC
            Has anyone looked at the pack and ship for entry 1 on their CD-ROM?
            At the bottom of the page it states to include a culminating
            assessment cover sheet and culminating assessment (max. 2 pgs.) No
            where in our portfolio instructions for Entry 1 does it mention a
            culminating assesment cover sheet or culminating assessment.

            Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
          • Dottie Hayes
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 8 1:22 PM
              This is year #2 for me --- redoing #1 and #2. I didn't receive any new cd. I have been using last year's stuff. Is anyone else out there redoing???? Should I have gotten a new cd? YIKES!!!

              Cinnamon: I am thinking of moving to NC. I know you get a 12% increase based on your salary for NBPTS what do you get for mentoring? I heard it is only $100/month, max 10 months a year??? Is that correct?
              In FL we get 10% of the state salary average (currently about $4500)in January and again in May, if you mentor. My county also gives an additional $1500 split among 24 checks.

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 8 1:35 PM
                Yeah, it is really just a pat on the back for mentoring. ($100/month x 10 months) I am mentoring a third year teacher this year and we do not get paid for that. But...the different pay scale for NBPTS is sweet (12%). My family and I were thinking about moving to Texas, and though the base pay was higher in the area we were looking at, they didn't do anything for National Boards. Testing and accountability for students are very high stakes in NC, but you do get a bonus if your school does well on the state tests ($750-1500).

                I would think if you are REDOING stuff, then the instructions you follow are last year's.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 8 3:41 PM