Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 425

  • nelda phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
      I will send entry 1 by tomorrow night.  THe key to entry four is impact on student learning.  If notes from parents have indicated the amount( specific ) what the student has learned.  I was under the impression that a report card was what we all were supposed to do therefore this is not above and beyond.
      Standards I mentioned in entry one you should use these indirectly.  example in one of my entries I created a crime scene.  In one of my explanation,standards i referred to was knowing the students.  Like I new they were interested in mysteries and camping.  I showed that I used a survey at the beginnign of the year to find this information and base lessons on this.
      Does this help?

      Peter Petrossian <ppeter@...> wrote:
      Could you explain what you mean by "include the standard" and maybe give an example. I feel good about my entry 4 but I'm not sure I included the standard and I'm not sure I gave concrete, quantifiable evidence (such as change in test scores, report card grades, etc.) as another person on here recently suggested. I was under the impression a student testimonial or parent testimonial would also be sufficient evidence.

      Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 1:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 425

      Just make sure that student impact is the most significant part of each entry and include the standards!  Choose the accomplishment where student impact is the most CleaR and obvious.

        Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 1:30 PM