previous question about using different classes

  • Dawn Birch
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2000
      I want to thank everybody who took the time to anwer my questions.
      I also looked on the NBPTS website under frequently asked qestions.
      The following is what they said.

      How many classes do I have to have to complete the portfolio?
      National Board Certification is designed to assess a teacher's
      performance in a wide range of classroom settings. We
      encourage teachers to use more than one class in completing the
      portfolio entries in order to demonstrate the broadest range
      of their teaching practice possible. Therefore, teachers who have
      multiple classes that meet the age and content requirements
      should take advantage of the availability of these different classes
      when completing the classroom-based entries. However, if
      a teacher has access to only one class that meets the age and content
      requirements for their certificate area, it is permissible to
      use a single class for all four of the classroom-based entries.
      Please keep in mind that all four entries must come from
      different units.