Re: [EASCI] Organization's and Individual's Names

  • Annette Holder
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
      In Entry 4, I would refer to the NIH as a national health organization but as for individuals I don't think there is a problem with using their first initial and last name.  I did this with speakers from my class just have them sign whatever form applies to the situation. As for the emails, I put several on a page for documentation of communication with parents.  Entry 4 was my second highest protfolio score.

      Annette NBCT  2004

      petrossp1 <ppeter@...> wrote:

      Questions: (1) If I'm writing in Entry 4 asbout curriculum units I
      have reviewed for the National Institutes of Health can I use the
      NIH's name or must I simply say something like a national
      organization?

      (2)Can I use the name of a famous person (Dr Anthony Fauci) who came
      and spoke to my class or do I just say a nationally recognized
      direcotr of a nationally recognied health institution?

      (3) If I have several short emails to be used as documentation, can
      I put them all on one page or must I only have one statement from
      each person on a seperate page?

      Thanks,

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
        You n\need to double check your portfoilio requirements. I believe
        after the Getting Started section or in it, there are quidelines for
        names, institutions, and people. I passed entry 4 but, II used the
        professor's name as Dr. first initial, then last name. Also note that
        portfolio requirments change yearly.
        Also see this link for a quick check.
        https://nbpts3.ets.org/cis/faq0405/documentedaccomplishments.html

        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "petrossp1" <ppeter@e...> wrote:

        > Questions: (1) If I'm writing in Entry 4 asbout curriculum units I
        > have reviewed for the National Institutes of Health can I use the
        > NIH's name or must I simply say something like a national
        > organization?
        >
        > (2)Can I use the name of a famous person (Dr Anthony Fauci) who
        came
        > and spoke to my class or do I just say a nationally recognized
        > direcotr of a nationally recognied health institution?
        >
        > (3) If I have several short emails to be used as documentation, can
        > I put them all on one page or must I only have one statement from
        > each person on a seperate page?
        >
        > Thanks,
      • Peter Petrossian
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004