Organization's and Individual's Names

  • petrossp1
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
      Questions: (1) If I'm writing in Entry 4 asbout curriculum units I
      have reviewed for the National Institutes of Health can I use the
      NIH's name or must I simply say something like a national
      organization?

      (2)Can I use the name of a famous person (Dr Anthony Fauci) who came
      and spoke to my class or do I just say a nationally recognized
      direcotr of a nationally recognied health institution?

      (3) If I have several short emails to be used as documentation, can
      I put them all on one page or must I only have one statement from
      each person on a seperate page?

      Thanks,
    • Annette Holder
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
        In Entry 4, I would refer to the NIH as a national health organization but as for individuals I don't think there is a problem with using their first initial and last name.  I did this with speakers from my class just have them sign whatever form applies to the situation. As for the emails, I put several on a page for documentation of communication with parents.  Entry 4 was my second highest protfolio score.

        Annette NBCT  2004

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
          You n\need to double check your portfoilio requirements. I believe
          after the Getting Started section or in it, there are quidelines for
          names, institutions, and people. I passed entry 4 but, II used the
          professor's name as Dr. first initial, then last name. Also note that
          portfolio requirments change yearly.
          Also see this link for a quick check.
          https://nbpts3.ets.org/cis/faq0405/documentedaccomplishments.html

          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "petrossp1" <ppeter@e...> wrote:

          > Questions: (1) If I'm writing in Entry 4 asbout curriculum units I
          > have reviewed for the National Institutes of Health can I use the
          > NIH's name or must I simply say something like a national
          > organization?
          >
          > (2)Can I use the name of a famous person (Dr Anthony Fauci) who
          came
          > and spoke to my class or do I just say a nationally recognized
          > direcotr of a nationally recognied health institution?
          >
          > (3) If I have several short emails to be used as documentation, can
          > I put them all on one page or must I only have one statement from
          > each person on a seperate page?
          >
          > Thanks,
        • Peter Petrossian
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004