Re: [BULK] [EASCI] Quiet in here...where's everybody???

  • Kallie A. Hilyard
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
      Yes, I was wondering why it was so quiet. But yes, I have a question. What
      are the easiest assessments to prepare for? Thanks
    • vernon liggons
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
        I have been woorying about entry #4 and trying to make
        sure that every accomplishment impacts student
        learning. Is anyone that was successful willing to
        look over it when I finish.

        Vernon Lowery
        Westover Middle School
        Fayetteville NC 28348

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
          I am sure there aren't any EASY assessments to prepare for. However,
          I feel that subject content areas you have not taught in for awhile
          should really be reviewed in regard to the National Science
          Standards. I would definitely begin to review over these,investigate
          students msiconceptions in those areas, etc. Also your written
          entries should be those that you are most confortable with teaching
          he classroom.
          Hope that helps!

          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Kallie A. Hilyard" <hilyarka@p...>
          wrote:
          > Yes, I was wondering why it was so quiet. But yes, I have a
          question. What
          > are the easiest assessments to prepare for? Thanks
        • Stacy Cordes
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
            I agree ~ there are no easy assessments to prepare for.  I found it difficult to prepare for them, because I didn't know what to expect on any of them.  I agree with "thescienceteacher," - go over the things you don't teach regularly.  That ScienceSaurus book was a great help.
            Good luck,

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
              I can look at it, but I don't make any promises.  For every accomplishment ask yourself, "So what?"  If you can't answer it you'd better find something else.  Are you allowed to share examples of your accomplishments?  I had data to support mine as well.  Choose that carefully making sure it is showing the best of your practice.
              good luck,