Quiet in here...where's everybody???

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
      So questions anyone?
      (thescienceteacher)
    • Kallie A. Hilyard
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
        Yes, I was wondering why it was so quiet. But yes, I have a question. What
        are the easiest assessments to prepare for? Thanks
      • vernon liggons
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
          I have been woorying about entry #4 and trying to make
          sure that every accomplishment impacts student
          learning. Is anyone that was successful willing to
          look over it when I finish.

          Vernon Lowery
          Westover Middle School
          Fayetteville NC 28348

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
            I am sure there aren't any EASY assessments to prepare for. However,
            I feel that subject content areas you have not taught in for awhile
            should really be reviewed in regard to the National Science
            Standards. I would definitely begin to review over these,investigate
            students msiconceptions in those areas, etc. Also your written
            entries should be those that you are most confortable with teaching
            he classroom.
            Hope that helps!

            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Kallie A. Hilyard" <hilyarka@p...>
            wrote:
            > Yes, I was wondering why it was so quiet. But yes, I have a
            question. What
            > are the easiest assessments to prepare for? Thanks
          • Stacy Cordes
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
              I agree ~ there are no easy assessments to prepare for.  I found it difficult to prepare for them, because I didn't know what to expect on any of them.  I agree with "thescienceteacher," - go over the things you don't teach regularly.  That ScienceSaurus book was a great help.
              Good luck,

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
                I can look at it, but I don't make any promises.  For every accomplishment ask yourself, "So what?"  If you can't answer it you'd better find something else.  Are you allowed to share examples of your accomplishments?  I had data to support mine as well.  Choose that carefully making sure it is showing the best of your practice.
                good luck,