Re: [EASCI] 2nd time around Need advice

  • Stacy Cordes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      I did well on #4.  Things I did were started sending home monthly newsletter with questions and surveys attached for the parents.  I used some as evidence to turn in.  Students returning the surveys/questions received extra credit.  I had a website for parents to access.  I surveyed the parents at conference time for its effectiveness.  I used that as well.Scholastic has a free website for teachers. I attend and present at conferences regularly, so I had participants complete a survey.  Of course, I had a communication log.  I used parts of that as evidence.
      I am not sure, but can you present locally to a group of science/general teachers?  Have them complete a survey. I would have to read the instructiions again.  That may be something to consider.  The big thing is student impact.  I was told that if it didn't impact student learning and/or  you can not prove it then don't waste space including it.  I think typing is cheap unless you have evidence to back it up. Consider how what you do outside the classroom benefits your kids. Have you picked up anything at a workshop that has benefited student learning?  Perhaps you can somehow include that.
      Good luck.  I will keep you in my prayers.

      kyra61802 <kyra61802@...> wrote:

      Congrats to those who passed this year.  I passed all my portfolios
      with scores of 3 and above with the exception of number 4.  I need
      advice.  I attend a lot of workshops but I don't have much in the
      leader area and any ideas for student impact.

      My biggest thing is I bombed 3 test.  Student Misconceptions I only
      scored a 1, change over time and science and technology.  Any one who
      scored well on these will you please tell me how to study and what to
      study.  I want to pass next year.

      Any responses will be greatly appreciated

      Donna Smith