Re: [EASCI] Science Teacher or anyone with advice

  • Stacy Cordes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      I took the Student Misconceptions 2X.  A major part of taking it is knowing how to answer what they are asking.  I went to workshop offered by Emporia State University for help.  Resources I used the 2nd time included the ScienceSaurus: A Student Handbook published by Houghton Mifflin Company.  It covers a very wide range of topics in a format easy to read by 4-9th grade students.  I also used Usbornes Essential Science.  It is more detailed and written for older students.  Both were excellent resources.  I also used my textbooks which have a misconception page for every chapter.  Identifying the misconception is what I would consider the easy part.  The other questions/requirements involved were the tough ones.  Be sure to print the assessement center sample/tutor pages from the NBCT website.  It is helpful too.  Practice with different scenarios then check your answers with the rating guide.
      I hope this helps you.  I will remember you in my prayers.

      kyra61802 <kyra61802@...> wrote:

      What did you study for the test.  I'm going to retest Student
      Misconceptions and Science and Technology.  Do you have any
      suggestions?

      THanks,

      Almost made it---Donna