Re: EA science NBCT's

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2004
      Hello Jennifer and welcome. I am sure that there will be somebody to
      read for you. I am not able to as of yet because I am working on our
      NCA ( North Central Accreditation) process. However if by Christmas
      break no one has volunteered, I will be happy to read your entries.
      I would create a copy of each so that there is a water mark of your
      own choosing in the background.

      Also, you can visit this site if you need any resources.
      http://www.centralscience8.com/eascience.htm

      Glad you dropped in !

      the science teacher
    • Annette Holder
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2004
        I certified this year, still can't believe it.  I am more than willing to read for you.  I did very well on entry 4 and 1 and okay on 2 and 3.  But I am willing to give you my two cents worth.

        Annette

        jjarosin <jjarosin@...> wrote:

        Good evening.  My name is Jennifer Jarosinski and I am seeking
        certification in EA Science this year.  I just joined the Yahoo EA
        science group tonight.  I was wondering if there are any NBCT's out
        there that could give me some helpful tips for achieving the first
        time around (I just found out two of my colleagues that went through
        the process last year did not achieve :( ) and who may be willing to
        read over my entry four and two to provide me with some feedback.
        To date, I have not been able to find any NBCT's in EA Science to
        look over my entries so that would be extremely helpful for me.  If
        there are others out there who are seeking certification this year
        and would not mind taking a few minutes and reading my entries I
        will certainly do the same for you and do my best to provide you
        with specific feedback also.  I look forward to hearing from you.

        P.S.  I have not gotten my box yet.  Does anyone know exactly who I
        need to contact to bring this to the attention of NBPTS.  Should I
        just call the hotline?

        Thank you,

        Jennifer Jarosinski
        Forest Oak Middle School
        7th Grade Science

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Discover all that�s new in My Yahoo!

      • Stacy Cordes
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2004
          Jennifer,
          Although the contents of the box can be found on the website I would call right away for the box.  You must mail your entries to NBC in THAT box.
          I would be willing to read some of your entries.
          I did entry #2 2X.  I think.  It is terrible, but I don't remember.  I know it was Investigation through Inquiry.  There were some real differences between my first attempt and my second. My video of the first was using small groups.  My second attempt was a whole class discussion. I am pretty sure that it was the dialogue taking place that made the difference in the scores.  Encourage your students to use higher level thinking skills such as analysis and evaluation, not just recalling the data they found.  There has to some application of that data.
          Best wishes. I will keep you in my prayers.