EA science NBCT's

  • jjarosin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2004
      Good evening. My name is Jennifer Jarosinski and I am seeking
      certification in EA Science this year. I just joined the Yahoo EA
      science group tonight. I was wondering if there are any NBCT's out
      there that could give me some helpful tips for achieving the first
      time around (I just found out two of my colleagues that went through
      the process last year did not achieve :( ) and who may be willing to
      read over my entry four and two to provide me with some feedback.
      To date, I have not been able to find any NBCT's in EA Science to
      look over my entries so that would be extremely helpful for me. If
      there are others out there who are seeking certification this year
      and would not mind taking a few minutes and reading my entries I
      will certainly do the same for you and do my best to provide you
      with specific feedback also. I look forward to hearing from you.

      P.S. I have not gotten my box yet. Does anyone know exactly who I
      need to contact to bring this to the attention of NBPTS. Should I
      just call the hotline?

      Thank you,

      Jennifer Jarosinski
      Forest Oak Middle School
      7th Grade Science
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2004
        Hello Jennifer and welcome. I am sure that there will be somebody to
        read for you. I am not able to as of yet because I am working on our
        NCA ( North Central Accreditation) process. However if by Christmas
        break no one has volunteered, I will be happy to read your entries.
        I would create a copy of each so that there is a water mark of your
        own choosing in the background.

        Also, you can visit this site if you need any resources.
        http://www.centralscience8.com/eascience.htm

        Glad you dropped in !

        the science teacher
      • Annette Holder
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2004
          I certified this year, still can't believe it.  I am more than willing to read for you.  I did very well on entry 4 and 1 and okay on 2 and 3.  But I am willing to give you my two cents worth.

          Annette

          jjarosin <jjarosin@...> wrote:

[...]

          Do you Yahoo!?
          Discover all that�s new in My Yahoo!

        • Stacy Cordes
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2004
            Jennifer,
            Although the contents of the box can be found on the website I would call right away for the box.  You must mail your entries to NBC in THAT box.
            I would be willing to read some of your entries.
            I did entry #2 2X.  I think.  It is terrible, but I don't remember.  I know it was Investigation through Inquiry.  There were some real differences between my first attempt and my second. My video of the first was using small groups.  My second attempt was a whole class discussion. I am pretty sure that it was the dialogue taking place that made the difference in the scores.  Encourage your students to use higher level thinking skills such as analysis and evaluation, not just recalling the data they found.  There has to some application of that data.
            Best wishes. I will keep you in my prayers.