EASCI certified!1

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2004
      I want to say thanks to so many of you for helping me out! You kept
      me encouraged and kept me going. Honestly I was so shocked that I
      made it the first time. I want to say that I really appreciate you
      all. For those that are new--- visit here often. We will support
      you.

      the scienceteacher 2004 NBCT
    • dinobrads
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2004
        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "thescienceteacher" <eden908@h...>
        wrote:

        > I want to say thanks to so many of you for helping me out! You
        kept
        > me encouraged and kept me going. Honestly I was so shocked that I
        > made it the first time. I want to say that I really appreciate you
        > all. For those that are new--- visit here often. We will support
        > you.

        the scienceteacher 2004 NBCT

        Congrats. See you at the convention? What was your first entry
        about? I had the hardest time with entry 2, the lecture discussion
        one but I guess it worked out ok.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2004
          I won't be going to the convention--- I am sure it costs money I
          haven't budgeted in.
          My first Entry was on Tornadoes, score a 3+. It was real trial to
          do this entry do to time. I had students manipulate tornado funnel
          size online to determine if pressure influenced the Figita Scale.
          Needless to say it was my second highest score---wierd. I thought
          this Entry went down the tubes.

          My second entry, scored 3+, I did with my Honor's class on acids and
          bases by investigating which brand of antacid worked best. I charted
          the group results on the overhead and ahd whole class and small group
          discussion. This entry was my 3rd highest score.

          Entry 3, I scored a 4...need I say more..lol. It was on physical
          properties of substances.

          Entry 4: this what I have say about it, &^!@#$, I passed it by the
          skin of my teeth and I mean skin.

          All in all, I passed all assessments but 2 which were at the
          assessment center. 2.75 is the lowest passing score I believe for
          ALL types of assessement. My lowest score was a 2.0 on one.

          So, I am happy. I collect $5,000.00 extra each year in pay from the
          state of Oklahoma for the next 10 years.

          (I got what no man can take away from me --- Knowledge)