About The Portfolio Getting There

  • sciquest2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2004
      I am concerned about mail service. I was told to send the "box" one
      week before the due date. I was told some paid FedEX and UPS lots of
      money to express it and still didn't get there when the sender
      thought it would. I still have Entry 1 to do. I want to send in my
      box on April 8th a week before it's do. I am thinking about using
      the US postal service. Anybody else have any ideas?

      The Science Teacher
    • bulleez
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2004
        I was in your shoes last year. I sent through the Post Office and
        it got there. I sent mine one week before it was due. I will say,
        tho, that the post office doesn't track as well as the others such
        as Fed Ex, etc. When I tracked it, it said it hadn't arrived, but it
        had. I checked by calling NBPTS. Of course, I sent it registered
        mail, but my call relieved my stress, not the USPS. I didn't get
        the card back in the mail saying they got it for two weeks. If I
        hadn't have called, I would have been a wreck. Good luck with
        entry one.

        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "sciquest2000"

      • v1945@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2004
          I shipped mine UPS in 2001.  Mine was due on a Monday, I shipped it on Thursday  at 5:30 pm and it arrived on Friday, the next day.  It cost me $30+, but was well worth the cost.  I was able to track it and even view the signature of the person who received it!

          Best of luck!  We are all rooting for you!!!!!

        • Susie Skinner

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 14, 2004
              I an a re-take candidate and about a week is what I did last week, deadline fell on a Saturday and I mailed overnight express on Monday. It go there. My goal this year is the same.

              Keeping your fingers crossed for all of us.