Re: [EASCI] Ent 1 instruct materials

  • Karen Cahoon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
      I used a project sheet for their weather booklet that tied my whole unit
      together, a copy of the technical spec sheet for my Davis Weather unit
      they used to collect data, a copy of a web page they went to ....I
      showed things in those pages that I used / did thru the unit. The work
      samples I used from students and the instructional materials I used were
      not connected except for the fact they were weather related. Does that
      make sense? I tried to show a variety of "things" the kids did...not
      just what I showed with the work samples.
      Karen

      >>> spacefrog72003@... 01/18/04 4:47 PM >>>
    • bulleez
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2004
        Spacefrog:

        This was the entry that I struggled with, too. I had a lot of
        instructional pages such as the rubric I used for assessment for
        a lab, directional pages I gave the kids, resource pages my
        students used for figuring out what size their protists were.
        (microbiology). This is where I ran into problems with total page
        numbers. It made me crazy. Because my completed rubric for
        each of the 2 students' labs were three pages a piece, and they
        did two labs, I had to edit. I ended up using page 1 and 2 for one
        student and pages 1and 3 for the other and writing in in ink the
        scores from the missing pages. It worked, I got a 3.25 on entry
        one. I thought I was going to get a 1.0! Go figure. Sometimes
        you just have to be be creative and go with your gut. Good luck.
        Julie

        --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "spacefrog72003"