Re: Ent 1 instruct materials

  • bebadog
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
      Great question!!! I over looked that part also. On page 17 they give a
      few examples of instructional materials. (copies of PowerPoint slide
      shows, copies of web pages).
      I was wondering if I should include a copy of a riddle that I ended
      the lesson with. I do mention it in the discussion.
      Someone told me that you could reference the standards in your
      discussion. Does anybody have an opinion on this. I am not sure I
      want to do it. It takes up alot of space.

      Mary Lynn
    • Karen Cahoon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
        I used a project sheet for their weather booklet that tied my whole unit
        together, a copy of the technical spec sheet for my Davis Weather unit
        they used to collect data, a copy of a web page they went to ....I
        showed things in those pages that I used / did thru the unit. The work
        samples I used from students and the instructional materials I used were
        not connected except for the fact they were weather related. Does that
        make sense? I tried to show a variety of "things" the kids did...not
        just what I showed with the work samples.
        Karen

        >>> spacefrog72003@... 01/18/04 4:47 PM >>>
      • bulleez
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2004
          Spacefrog:

          This was the entry that I struggled with, too. I had a lot of
          instructional pages such as the rubric I used for assessment for
          a lab, directional pages I gave the kids, resource pages my
          students used for figuring out what size their protists were.
          (microbiology). This is where I ran into problems with total page
          numbers. It made me crazy. Because my completed rubric for
          each of the 2 students' labs were three pages a piece, and they
          did two labs, I had to edit. I ended up using page 1 and 2 for one
          student and pages 1and 3 for the other and writing in in ink the
          scores from the missing pages. It worked, I got a 3.25 on entry
          one. I thought I was going to get a 1.0! Go figure. Sometimes
          you just have to be be creative and go with your gut. Good luck.
          Julie

          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "spacefrog72003"