Enough

  • spacefrog72003
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2004
      Hey all you wonderful NBCT's it's great that you're sticking
      around. I have a question for you now that I'm to the stress of
      approaching deadlines and no real time to work uninterrupted. Did any
      of you certifieds ever get to the point that you just submitted
      something you had done even though you thought you could do better
      simply because you began to run out of time? If you did, how did you
      do on those entries?
      I have other NBCT's in my area that are reading my work, but none
      of them are science. No one has been horribly critical of what I have
      done, which is good and bad. I'm afraid no one understands what I'm
      supposed to be doing therefore can not accurately judge (with the
      exception of Entry 4, which everyone does)But in the same sense with
      pressing deadlines I'm afraid to offer it to someone who knows
      science because I have invested so much time already in the writing,
      I don't want to start from scratch if it isn't good.
      Sorry, I'm babbling at this point. Thanks for listening.
    • sciquest2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2004
        Boy, Spacefrog, you've been reading my mail. The NBCT special ed
        teacher who's been helping me with the writing and my style is
        great. But when it comes to the science, that's a horse of another
        color. There is no one with 100 miles of where I live that is
        certified in science in any area near me. I am going to a group
        meeting near my state's capital and hopefully someone will be there
        in science next month. I just finished my video for Entry #2. Boy
        do I wish someone look over it for me.

        The Science Teacher--- hopeful NBCT for 2004
      • bulleez
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2004
          Spacefrog,

          I just certified in Nov. I teach 6th grade. I struggled terribly with
          entry 1. I had 3 mentors read it. They all had constructive
          criticism to share. I tried to fix everything, but my problem was
          the limited page numbers. I couldn't get everything in. Everytime
          I tried to cut something, it would make it unclear. There were
          several things that I did not fix that my mentors thought I should.
          I was really afraid that I would not get a passing score. I
          basically ran out of ways to fix it and sent it in. It ended up being
          my highest score! The portfolio and the tests that I thought I
          didn't do well on were my best scores. I know how you feel. All
          you candidates are in my thoughts and prayers. This is the time
          when stress really enters the picture. Remember to take care of
          yourself. God bless. Julie

          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "spacefrog72003"