RE: [EASCI] Question about standards

  • King, Emily
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      I used key words from the standards in my analysis of the video. Using
      statements from the actual standards references without actually stating the
      standard. Key words are the key.
      I would state the child's disability in your explanations of comments to
      show diversity among your students.
      I just had discussion among the students like "I understand what he is
      saying but I think..." It was not an all out disagreement among the
      students. I also video taped the discussions in small groups as well during
      the activity to show the discussions of the kids on a small scale and me
      questioning them. The tape was a combination of small group and large group
      discussions of a concept and clearing up misconceptions.
      I just had to decide this is the tape and there will be no more taping.
      Your analysis is the key. Go with what you have and make it work