Re: Meeting students interests and needs

  • sciquest2000
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
      Oh my gosh!!. Thanks Donna for all the...er... detail..LOL. I will
      read and look up the other standards...cool... Thanks for pointing
      me in the right direction.

      The science teacher
    • Karen Cahoon
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
        YES! Weather and Climate is there...Donna just showed you how to access
        it...Now, take that tornado alley concept and translate it into how
        important it is for students to know how to use weather to stay safe and
        interpret weather maps / forecasts. This is extremely relevant and
        important to them as students and as adults. Weather factors and
        patterns will always have a major influence in their lives, work or
        play.
        Karen
        NBCT EASCI '03

        >>> eden908@... 12/01/03 9:01 PM >>>
      • v1945@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
          In a message dated 12/1/2003 6:56:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, eden908@... writes:

          Also I found a web site that would print linear graphs of student
          data if anyone is interested in this as well.

          I would like to have this web site.  Sounds interesting!!!!
          NBCT 2001
        • sciquest2000
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 3, 2003
            This site will only plot data for linear graphs. However it is still
            a great on-line excercise. My students can use this to plot their
            data for their science projects and get a nice looking graph.
            The link is titled as "Create A Graph".

            http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/graphing/line_data.asp?b=15&totallines=1

            The Science Teacher

          • v1945@aol.com