sequencing

  • bebadog
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
      I have been working on entry 4 but I am having trouble fitting
      everything in. I made the mistake to not read the directions
      carefully and wrote 20 pages instead of 12. Now I get to rewrite and
      try to cut. I know this will not be my last mistake, but it was a
      real eye opener when I found out what I did. I even had to share it
      with my class.
      After reading everyone's suggestions, I decided to try to work on
      1. I chose forces and motion as my important concept. Is this what
      they want as a concept or is it to broad. My goals are:
      characteristics of motion, Newton?s first law, and the relationship of
      mass and inertia.
      I was concerned about the timing. Am I right in thinking that I
      can't use motion and forces again? This series will take the month of
      December easily. That gives me only about 1 1/2 months for the
      videos. I am toying with matter as my inquiry video and haven't
      decided on the other.
      Thanks for the help!! It is truly appreciated,

      Mary
    • Karen Cahoon
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        If you know what topics you want to video, I would try to get those done
        before Christmas. You can do that around the entry 1 topics. It takes
        a long time to write up the video entry, at least it did for me. You
        have to cite evidence in the video, using comments of students and
        yourself to incorporate in the writing. This requires ALOT of reviewing
        that video. I bet I watched my videos 20 times and scripted both of
        them. The script was then color-coded to indicate where the evidence
        was; misconceptions, understandings, etc, before I even started writing.
        I think if you wait until the last month to try and write them up, you
        are going to find yourself in a serious bind. Entry 1 is so long and
        involved, I worked on it a little at a time. I tried to focus on
        completing one video entry before the holidays and being ready to
        videotape as soon as we returned for the next one.
        Karen
        NBCT EASCI '03

        >>> bebadog@... 11/30/03 10:09 PM >>>