Re: [EASCI] Entry 2

  • Cindy Brogan
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 23, 2003
      Trust your instincts!  Make the most of your video.  If the camera does not capture groups having quality discussion, I would cut it.  It is a lot easier to explain in your directions what you told the groups to do and that they had 5 minutes for discussion than it is to explain where you led the discussion at the end.  You are expected to explain what happened before and after the video in your discussion anyway.

      CBrogan, NBC 2003

    • eliotmom2
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2005
        To those of you who are board certified: Did you all use a discovery
        lab or a type of lab that generated a discrepant event? I had the
        students discuss what they knew about earthquakes and tsunami taking
        my cue from world events. I really like how my video came out. I
        have even written the entry but now I am second guessing myself.
        Do you find that every entry MUST have inquiry labs? I do many
        activities where the students research questions they may have using
        the internet.
        In search of opinions,
        Jeanne