Re: Entry 1

  • bulleez
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 22, 2003
      My name is Julie. I just got certified on Friday. What a relief. I
      found entry one to be very difficult and I thought it would be my
      worst score. It was my best score. I strongly suggest that you
      directly involve the students with the technology. I think you will
      score more points that way. Good luck. You can do it!!

      --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "spacefrog72003"
      <spacefrog72003@y...> wrote:
      > My current focus for entry 1 was reproduction and heredity. The
      > artifacts I have so far show my indroduction to a punnett
      square that
      > wasn't too effective with a couple of students. I then felt the
      need
      > to better explain the passing of traits to offspring by doing an
      > activity that incorporated the use of technology, but the
      technology
      > was using the draw program on Microsoft word to create the
      picture of
      > their offspring. My final activity to show growth was the final test
      > that incorporated the overall picture of the entire unit, but my
      > focus was on the punnett square and the fact that these
      students now
      > mastered the concept of passing traits. My question is, is that
      > incorporation of technolgy too week. It's using technology, but
      not
      > directly related to the science, just a way of showing the results
      of
      > the lab. Anybody that has an opinion, I'd like to hear it.
      > Thanks
    • Annette Holder
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 5, 2006
        I used a popular kid with low self-esteem regarding classwork and an MR student with an incredible work ethic.

        Annette

        shazrolane <shazrolane@...> wrote:
        I'm trying to decide on which two students I should choose to discuss
        and analyze for my Entry 1. Should I pick two students with special
        needs? One low performing student and one high performing student? Two
        average kids?

        Ack.

        Yahoo! Mail