Entry 2

  • spacefrog72003
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 22, 2003
      I have a video for entry 2. It contains 30 minutes of discussion into
      matter. I begin by having the students discuss the matter in front
      of them. Towards the end of the video I lead into the discussion of
      an atom. I can only use 20 minutes. I think that I can probably cut
      off of my lead into the atom because it takes a little away from the
      discussion focus on matter, but should I cut off the first 5 minutes
      as well when I introduce what we are doing and they are in group
      discussion for about 4 minutes? I guess I'm worried about just using
      the center of the video because it doesn't show set/focus or
      closure. I can write about this in the reflection, but I'm in need
      of an opinion. Anybody?
      Thanks again
    • eliotmom2
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2005
        To those of you who are board certified: Did you all use a discovery
        lab or a type of lab that generated a discrepant event? I had the
        students discuss what they knew about earthquakes and tsunami taking
        my cue from world events. I really like how my video came out. I
        have even written the entry but now I am second guessing myself.
        Do you find that every entry MUST have inquiry labs? I do many
        activities where the students research questions they may have using
        the internet.
        In search of opinions,
        Jeanne