Entry 1

  • spacefrog72003
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 22, 2003
      My current focus for entry 1 was reproduction and heredity. The
      artifacts I have so far show my indroduction to a punnett square that
      wasn't too effective with a couple of students. I then felt the need
      to better explain the passing of traits to offspring by doing an
      activity that incorporated the use of technology, but the technology
      was using the draw program on Microsoft word to create the picture of
      their offspring. My final activity to show growth was the final test
      that incorporated the overall picture of the entire unit, but my
      focus was on the punnett square and the fact that these students now
      mastered the concept of passing traits. My question is, is that
      incorporation of technolgy too week. It's using technology, but not
      directly related to the science, just a way of showing the results of
      the lab. Anybody that has an opinion, I'd like to hear it.
      Thanks
    • Annette Holder
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 5, 2006
        I used a popular kid with low self-esteem regarding classwork and an MR student with an incredible work ethic.

        Annette

        shazrolane <shazrolane@...> wrote:
        I'm trying to decide on which two students I should choose to discuss
        and analyze for my Entry 1. Should I pick two students with special
        needs? One low performing student and one high performing student? Two
        average kids?

        Ack.

        Yahoo! Mail