undecided

  • bebadog
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2003
      My biggest problem right now is that I am having a difficult time
      deciding on a topic.
      It is required that my students enter a project in the science fair in
      6th grade.
      We instruct them how do do each step. This takes up the
      majority of my teaching time until November.
      I thought of using the concept "designing a scientific investigation",
      but I am concern that the national board readers may think that this
      concept should be taught along with other scientific concepts
      throughout the year.
      What do you think?
      I can decide on another concept, but I really wanted to get started on
      this entry before November.
      Thanks,
    • Dawn Hicks
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2003
        I did my entry on interpretting data on a prep for Science Fair.  We did an activity totally unrelated to my curriculum and then I videoed the students working with the data and drawing conclusions from it.  It worked for me.
        Good Luck,
        Dawn Hicks

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2003
          I did my inquiry entry on the science fair investigation.  This was 2 years ago and it received a 3.75.  I say go for it.