I got my box

  • sciquest2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
      I got home late and low and behold my box was waiting for me. I am
      not going to open it till Wednesday. I will be on Fall Break from
      school. I am kinda reluctant to open it now because it means that
      once and for all I am committed to the cause...jeez... Now I wonder
      if I can do this... :()
    • mmartz43@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
        Congratulations!  You will have no life for the next couple of months.  I'm kidding!  If you pace yourself and start early you shouldn't have a problem.  Start collecting any documents you have that show your parental involvement.  Also any awards or alkalaids you may have received which show your involvement in the teaching profession.  One more thing, get those consent forms signed by all your students as soon as possible.  This way you're covered no matter what class you decide to video or use class work samples of.
      • mmartz43@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
          I hit the enter key before I finished.  Sorry!  Anyway.........start as soon as possible, pace yourself and you'll be fine.  I congratulate your effort and encourage you to follow through, it's a worthy endeavor.  You will finish a much better teacher than when you began.
        • Dawn Hicks
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2003
            One entry at a time, one day at a time, one page at a time.  You can do it.
            Dawn Hicks
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2003
              I completely understand! Those were the exact same thoughts I had.
              It took me 2 days to open my box. I was waiting for that moment in
              time that I would not be distracted(ha, ha). The messages that
              people replied back to you were encouraging, so I'm listening to them
              as well. I just wanted you to know that I could have written your
              exact e-mail myself. So I understand the feeling and I'm glad to
              know I wasn't the only one feeling that way!