Entry2/3

  • spacefrog72003
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2003
      O.k. so now I'm a little confused after reading a few posts. I am
      under the impression from reading the NB candidate guide that Entry 2
      consists of a lesson that shows myself teaching as I would to elicit
      inquiry into a new "Big Idea" in science. So basically a video of me
      teaching at the begining of a new topic drawing on past knowledge to
      find what they know, what questions they have and what ideas they are
      now formulating about the topic we are about to begin.

      Entry 3 I understand to be the discussion that would take place after
      completing a lab or experiment. The discussion including the drawing
      conclusions with review and comparison of the results.
      Am I off base? Have I misinterpreted what I am supposed to be
      videotaping?
    • Donna M. Petty
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2003
        If you're reading way back in posts - you could be reading from before they made the changes - us "old dogs" had to do 6 entries - they dropped one and combined the last two for you "new dogs".  Blessings!

        Donna M. Petty
        dpetty@...
        Class Page (http://home.usit.net/~dpetty/Class_Page/index.htm)
        Bahá'í Page (http://www.columbiabahai.org)

        "When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced.
        Live your life so that when you die the world cries
        and you rejoice".

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
          You are on the right track.  One of ouir teachers did a KWL for number 2.  I did an introduction to classification.  For number 3 my class had done a lab that collected alot of data.  I videotaped the discussion the next day of what the data meant.  It gave me much to talk about before during and after.  Best of Luck!
          Dawn Hicks