Re: [EASCI] Videotaping Student Release Forms

  • Peggy Brody
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2003
      A good suggestion. Put those kids who brought the slips in the front of the
      room and make sure your film footage gets them only. Since you will need
      to show group work, go to their groups only. If you place the camera on the
      side of the room, you will not get the back.
      Peggy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2003
        In a message dated 9/7/2003 7:55:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eden908@... writes:

        I only got back 35% of the permission forms to from parents.  I was
        really disappointed.  I had them mailed and the parents could send
        them back via the students.  I guess I am going to spend all this
        week phone calling parents to get them back.  Any suggestions?  And
        yes I brought this up at our Open House.

        I asked my principal to write a letter stating that this challenge for me was beneficial to my students (their children) and suggesting that parents support our school by signing the permission to tape form.  I also sent a request letter explaining that the student's names would only be listed as first names and that the video would be viewed by a small group of assessors.
        I did allow a student without a permission slip to run the video camera (on a tripod)
        Best of luck!
      • Mike Ludwig
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2003
          I made sure to emphasize the confidentiality of the
          students and the fact that I was using the video to
          improve my teaching. I also gave candy to students
          who returned their forms signed. 100% (about 150
          students)of my 7th and 8th graders returned positive
          slips. Mike

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com